TD Ameritrade announced Thursday that it would offer more than 150 free continuing education courses to advisors who custody with TD Ameritrade.
The credits are offered through the College for Financial Planning and courses can be completed through TD Ameritrade Institutional’s Advisor Education portal.
Free CE credits and discounted tuition is available from The College for professional designation programs including:
- Accredited Asset Management Specialist (AAMS)
- Accredited Domestic Partnership Advisor (ADPA)
- Accredited Portfolio Management Advisor (APMA)
- Accredited Wealth Management Advisor (AWMA)
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER or CFP certification
- Chartered Mutual Fund Counselor (CMFC)
- Chartered Retirement Plans Specialist (CRPS)
“Advisors need continued education to increase their industry knowledge and potentially add value for their clients. However, many advisors have multiple designations and need an efficient way to access courses,” Tess Kristensen, senior manager of advisor education for TD Ameritrade Institutional, said in a press release. “By bringing comprehensive tools and content all together in one place, TD Ameritrade Institutional demonstrates a commitment to helping advisors save time and get access to quality industry education.”
(We can't help but point out that AdvisorOne offers free CE credits from the CFP Board through our CE center.)