Ken Fisher on stock picking, Mary Schapiro on the government shutdown, Mohamed El-Erian on QE2: we’ve had interesting conversations lately with superstars in our industry, and they shouldn’t be missed.
With all that’s happening—in the Middle East, Japan, regulation and the budget mess in our own country, as well as skyrocketing oil prices and the travails of Europe—the insight they provide will go a long way in explaining (and comforting) world events to your clients, and how these macro happenings can impact micro portfolios.
Here are our top 10 exclusive interviews recently conducted by AdvisorOne staff, in no particular order:
1) Ken Fisher on Picking Stocks, Learning From P&G and Kipling
What Fisher advises RIA leaders to do may surprise you.
2) Mary Schapiro Describes How SEC Would Deal With Govt. Shutdown: Exclusive Interview
Some market surveillance would continue, but SEC's hiring plans would likely be affected.
3) Mohamed El-Erian of PIMCO on Why QE2 May Backfire: Exclusive Interview
PIMCO’s CEO tells Futures of his outlook for bonds, how to navigate the "new normal."
4) Michael Oxley Describes New Role as FINRA Lobbyist: Exclusive Interview
Former GOP congressman says more funds for SEC unlikely in 2012 budget; SRO option only one to survive this Congress.
5) Finding ‘Balance’ in Retirement Income—Prudential’s Christine Marcks: Weekend Interview
The best ways to help people in retirement plans save more, and to get those who aren’t saving to start.
6) Author James Glassman’s Surprising Advice for Investment Success: The Weekend Interview
Short the U.S. economy, buy derivatives and reallocate to bonds? We better let him explain.
7) Advisor Group CEO Roth Says, ‘This Business Is Not for Wimps’: AdvisorOne Exclusive Interview
Roth and the group’s three BD chiefs talk about recruiting more women FAs and the challenges of small BDs.
8) Women in Wealth Profile: Schwab's Kim Wright-Violich
For the president of Schwab Charitable, there’s a "magic in mixing the for-profit and non-profit worlds."
9) Video: TD’s Tom Bradley on Fiduciary Duty, Separation of Sales and Advice, and RIA Oversight
The president of TD Ameritrade Institutional discusses why it’s important to separate sales from advice and what his RIA clients say about who should regulate them.
10) FPA Capital’s Bob Rodriguez Says Economic Meltdown Looming: AdvisorOne Interview
Legendary money manager says the U.S. has seven months to implement significant budgetary reductions or face tipping point.