Pershing LLC. announced Thursday that it has expanded its retirement focus to help broker-dealers, investment professionals and RIAs drive growth by capturing a portion of what the firm called the “money in motion” opportunity. The new website, www.retirementpowerplay.com, provides financial professionals with educational content, tools and strategies to help them grow their retirement businesses.
The site is open to all advisors, and can be accessed after completing a registration process.
According to The Secret Knock: Unlocking the Retirement Opportunity, a recent study conducted by Pershing and Mercatus, LLC, capturing the retirement relationship enables investment professionals and RIAs to gain a higher percentage of wallet share from their affluent clients—over 50% higher in some cases. The movement of retirement funds each year is estimated to be $303 billion.
“This ‘money in motion’ comes from rollover IRAs, transfers and movement form taxable accounts,” says Robert Cirrotti, director in product management and development at Pershing LLC. “By positioning themselves as experts in the retirement space, advisors are set up to capture those assets as they pass by.”
When asked about the presence of tools and strategies on the site that specifically relate to retirement income, Cirrotti says it will be the next so-called “power play” to be released, and he notes the company is developing a number of initiatives outside Retirmentpowerplay.com as well.
“We recognize the importance of getting sufficient retirement income for clients,” he says. “As baby boomers move from the accumulation phase to the distribution phase of their lives, the advisor’s expertise must move with them.”
Key Retirementpowerplay.com features include:
- Power Plays –Offers product-specific tips and techniques, tools and marketing resources for expanding retirement assets with Individual Retirement Accounts (IRAs), Rollover IRAs, Roth IRA Conversions and Employer Sponsored Plans.
- Premium Content –Provides the latest retirement news headlines and articles from Dow Jones.
- Retirement Tool Box – Provides product-specific marketing resources including educational content and thought leadership.
- Industry Watch – Keeps users up-to-date on the latest developments affecting the retirement marketplace.
- Retirement Calculators –Provides valuable tools for comparing IRAs, calculating required minimum distributions, performing Roth conversion analyses and evaluating other critical retirement decisions.
- Share Your Best Practices Blog –Helps financial professionals share best practices, exchange ideas and capture actionable tips for building their retirement businesses.