The National Retirement Planning Coalition has announced its roster of events for National Retirement Planning Week this April 11 through 15, with webinars, a media forum, a roundtable and other events designed to raise public awareness about the country’s growing need for retirement planning.
National Retirement Planning Week events include:
- April 11: Employment Benefit Research Institute (EBRI) President and CEO Dallas Salisbury hosts a webinar on consumer retirement readiness, leveraging data from EBRI’s 2011 Retirement Confidence Survey.
- April 12: Insured Retirement Institute (IRI) President and CEO Cathy Weatherford moderates a media forum with industry leaders on evolving perceptions of risk management in the insured retirement market. New IRI research on Boomers and retirement will be released onsite.
- April 13: IRI hosts a practice management webinar for financial advisors.
- April 14: The Aspen Institute hosts a Washington, D.C.-based roundtable on retirement issues.
- April 15: The coalition releases a client-approved tip sheet for financial advisors on how consumers can formulate a plan for lifelong financial retirement health.
The National Retirement Planning Coalition is comprised of financial industry, education and advocacy organizations. Headed by the IRI, the coalition includes EBRI, the American Council of Life Insurers (ACLI), Americans for Secure Retirement (ASR), Center for Retirement Research at Boston College, Defined Contribution Institutional Investment Association (DCIIA), Financial Services Forum, Financial Services Institute (FSI), Financial Services Roundtable (FSR), National Association of Fixed Annuities (NAFA), the National Investment Company Service Association (NICSA), Retirement Income Industry Association (RIIA), The American College, The Aspen Institute Initiative on Financial Security (Aspen IFS) and Women's Institute for a Secure Retirement (WISER).
For more information about registering for events, click here.