The Financial Stability Oversight Council (FSOC) plans to hold its third public meeting on Tuesday, Jan. 18, at the U.S. Department of the Treasury building in Washington.The FSOC, created under the Dodd-Frank Act, is comprised of the nation's top regulators and is charged with identifying threats to the nation's financial stability.
According to the FSOC, the agenda for the Jan. 18 meeting is as follows:
- Study and Recommendations on the Volcker Rule Contained in Section 619 of the Dodd-Frank Act
- Study and Recommendations on the Concentration Limit Contained in Section 622 of the Dodd-Frank Act
- Notice of Proposed Rulemaking Regarding Designation of Nonbank Financial Companies Contained in Section 113 of the Dodd-Frank Act
- Update on Mortgage Servicing and Foreclosure Issues
- Resolution approving minutes of the November 23, 2010, FSOC Meeting
At the second FSOC meeting held last November, the Council received an update from its staff on improving oversight of the swaps and derivatives markets and its review of the mortgage industry.