The New York chapter of the Financial Planning Association (FPA) announced Monday its new officers and board of directors.
As of Jan. 1, 2011, David Mendels, CFP, MBA, ChFC will serve as FPA president, with Alan Schoenberger, CFP serving as president-elect. Scott Brewster, CFP, MBA, EA was elected chairman and Jerry Palumberi, CPA will serve as secretary and treasurer.
Officers will serve one-year terms. The New York chapter boasts over 600 members with backgrounds in financial planning, investments, insurance, accounting, law, trusts and banking.
The 2011 board of directors is as follows:
- Allied Professionals – Jacques Boubli, CFP
- Annual Financial Fitness Public Workshop – Martha Pierce, CFP
- Communications and Marketing – Robert Wander, CFP
- Education – Practitioners – Victoria Fillet, CFP
- Education Programs – Eli Newsom
- Events Management – Gail Linn, CFP, CASL, ChFC, LUTCF
- Government Relations – Thomas Gillespie, CFP
- Membership Recruitment – Alicia Fryc
- Membership Retention – Katherine Fibiger, CFP
- Mentoring/Career Development – Paul Palazzo, CFP COA
- Pro Bono – Anja Luesink, CFP, RLP, MBA
- Public Awareness – Anthony Canale, CFP, MBA
- Public Relations – William Supper, CFP MBA
- Special Events – Eleanor Peterkin, CFP, CIMA
- Sponsor Development/Retention (Co-Director) – Thomas Whitford, CTFA
- Sponsor Development/Retention (Co-Director) – Jenifer Lee, CFP, CPA, MBA
- Spring Forum – Lauren Prince, CFP, CFS, CDFA
- Technology – Chintu Pandya
Read takeaways from the FPA's annual conference this year in its hometown of Denver at AdvisorOne.com.