- Have you ever told a client that you didn't get his message when in fact you knew he called you days ago? You may have told yourself it was just a little white lie--"and I'm talking to him now, so what's the harm?"
- Have you ever become aware of a compliance violation committed by an associate that could hurt your firm, but you chose not to refer it to authorities? I would add: Would you act quickly to remedy the situation, even if it was difficult or uncomfortable to do so?
- Have you ever taken credit for bringing in a new client, even though a younger associate created the opportunity? Your rationalization might have been "Well, they have years to make a name for themselves..."
- Have you ever accepted a new client who chose you on the basis of a strong referral, but you knew you did not have the depth of experience to serve them properly? Were you able to offer top-notch service? Or did you have twinges of guilt and maybe think about calling in a consultant to make up for your lack of expertise?
- Have you ever had a client tell you he refuses to work with someone in your business because the person is a woman (or a man, or African-American, or Hispanic, or too old, or too young) and you made the change so as not to lose the business? How do you feel about that?
Finding the right balance between your personal and professional life is essential at finding individual happiness and business success. Download our latest white paper on...
Filled with ideas to help you with client events, marketing concepts and practice management: this eBook will get you thinking out of the box!
To learn what advisors and industry consultants identify as the key steps to a successful move, download our white paper, Changing Firms: Five Steps For...
May 14, 2015
Join leading advisors from Laserfiche to learn how to harness ECM power and efficiency to your firm.
May 07, 2015
If the best portfolio strategy adds 125 basis points annually over a competing investment strategy over the long haul, investors would do well to work...
Apr 29, 2015
This webcast will transform how you approach retirement strategy. Help grow your business by providing your clients with a plan that offers guaranteed income for...