- Have you ever told a client that you didn't get his message when in fact you knew he called you days ago? You may have told yourself it was just a little white lie--"and I'm talking to him now, so what's the harm?"
- Have you ever become aware of a compliance violation committed by an associate that could hurt your firm, but you chose not to refer it to authorities? I would add: Would you act quickly to remedy the situation, even if it was difficult or uncomfortable to do so?
- Have you ever taken credit for bringing in a new client, even though a younger associate created the opportunity? Your rationalization might have been "Well, they have years to make a name for themselves..."
- Have you ever accepted a new client who chose you on the basis of a strong referral, but you knew you did not have the depth of experience to serve them properly? Were you able to offer top-notch service? Or did you have twinges of guilt and maybe think about calling in a consultant to make up for your lack of expertise?
- Have you ever had a client tell you he refuses to work with someone in your business because the person is a woman (or a man, or African-American, or Hispanic, or too old, or too young) and you made the change so as not to lose the business? How do you feel about that?
This collection of articles from IMCA's Investments & Wealth Monitor focus on after-tax returns of active and passive funds, choices in active and passive, and...
Combined fee-based and commission-based businesses are on the rise. See how this adaptable model offers flexibility, while helping you maximize opportunities with access to a...
In this presentation, CEO of Cambridge Eric Schwartz shares with you details on solving the challenges facing independent advisors, including business continuity and succession planning.
Jun 30, 2015
Join ThinkAdvisor & Well Fargo in this webcast to learn a dynamic four criteria approach and how to gain portfolio flexibility.
Jun 09, 2015
Join ThinkAdvisor for this live, interactive webcast and hear from the winners of the 2015 SMA Mangers of the Year on impact investing strategies and...
May 14, 2015
Join leading advisors from Laserfiche to learn how to harness ECM power and efficiency to your firm.