- Have you ever told a client that you didn't get his message when in fact you knew he called you days ago? You may have told yourself it was just a little white lie--"and I'm talking to him now, so what's the harm?"
- Have you ever become aware of a compliance violation committed by an associate that could hurt your firm, but you chose not to refer it to authorities? I would add: Would you act quickly to remedy the situation, even if it was difficult or uncomfortable to do so?
- Have you ever taken credit for bringing in a new client, even though a younger associate created the opportunity? Your rationalization might have been "Well, they have years to make a name for themselves..."
- Have you ever accepted a new client who chose you on the basis of a strong referral, but you knew you did not have the depth of experience to serve them properly? Were you able to offer top-notch service? Or did you have twinges of guilt and maybe think about calling in a consultant to make up for your lack of expertise?
- Have you ever had a client tell you he refuses to work with someone in your business because the person is a woman (or a man, or African-American, or Hispanic, or too old, or too young) and you made the change so as not to lose the business? How do you feel about that?
These articles from the Investments & Wealth Monitor focus on what's ahead for the new normal, investment management in the new normal, and a forward-looking...
To learn how succession planning can help increase your practice value, download LPL's white paper, "Protect & Unlock Your Value through Succession Planning".
The College for Financial Planning is the leading provider of financial education with more than 135,000 graduates and 40+ years of experience educating the nation's...
Aug 27, 2015
Hear from industry experts regarding the best ways to incorporate Social Security benefits into overall retirement planning. Learn about early withdrawal penalties and what is...
Jul 09, 2015
In this session we’ll discuss whether or not factor investing is truly active management, and how to define and test whether a factor exists.
Jun 30, 2015
Join ThinkAdvisor & Wells Fargo in this webcast to learn a dynamic four criteria approach and how to gain portfolio flexibility.