- Have you ever told a client that you didn't get his message when in fact you knew he called you days ago? You may have told yourself it was just a little white lie--"and I'm talking to him now, so what's the harm?"
- Have you ever become aware of a compliance violation committed by an associate that could hurt your firm, but you chose not to refer it to authorities? I would add: Would you act quickly to remedy the situation, even if it was difficult or uncomfortable to do so?
- Have you ever taken credit for bringing in a new client, even though a younger associate created the opportunity? Your rationalization might have been "Well, they have years to make a name for themselves..."
- Have you ever accepted a new client who chose you on the basis of a strong referral, but you knew you did not have the depth of experience to serve them properly? Were you able to offer top-notch service? Or did you have twinges of guilt and maybe think about calling in a consultant to make up for your lack of expertise?
- Have you ever had a client tell you he refuses to work with someone in your business because the person is a woman (or a man, or African-American, or Hispanic, or too old, or too young) and you made the change so as not to lose the business? How do you feel about that?
Secure the future of your business with customers from the largest generation in history.
Part II in a series of articles on working with ultra-high-net-worth clients from IMCA's Investments & Wealth Monitor takes a look at the biggest trends...
Maximize client retention and promote firm growth by using this 6 step interactive client review process.
Oct 05, 2016
Some broker-dealers have already decided to exit certain lines of business and are sizing up how the rule will impact their IT and compliance budgets....
Sep 13, 2016
Nationwide is providing a deeper look into the rule’s implications and a discussion of decisions firms will need to make in order to comply.
Aug 24, 2016
Many affected firms and individuals are well-versed in the complexities of the new rule but still have detailed questions. Others are still familiarizing themselves with...