- Have you ever told a client that you didn't get his message when in fact you knew he called you days ago? You may have told yourself it was just a little white lie--"and I'm talking to him now, so what's the harm?"
- Have you ever become aware of a compliance violation committed by an associate that could hurt your firm, but you chose not to refer it to authorities? I would add: Would you act quickly to remedy the situation, even if it was difficult or uncomfortable to do so?
- Have you ever taken credit for bringing in a new client, even though a younger associate created the opportunity? Your rationalization might have been "Well, they have years to make a name for themselves..."
- Have you ever accepted a new client who chose you on the basis of a strong referral, but you knew you did not have the depth of experience to serve them properly? Were you able to offer top-notch service? Or did you have twinges of guilt and maybe think about calling in a consultant to make up for your lack of expertise?
- Have you ever had a client tell you he refuses to work with someone in your business because the person is a woman (or a man, or African-American, or Hispanic, or too old, or too young) and you made the change so as not to lose the business? How do you feel about that?
ThinkAdvisor's TechCenter is an educational resource designed to give you a competitive edge by keeping you abreast of new tech innovations and need-to-know information that can be applied to your business.
It's not when you retire. It's how you retire.
In this White Paper, we share five steps to help you build a risk management program that enables the benefits of text messaging while protecting...
Many are uncertain about fiduciary regulations, but one thing is clear. Your clients expect you to act in their best interest when it comes to...
Mar 21, 2017
Americans are living longer and healthier lives, and these added years can create new challenges for retirement income planning.
Feb 07, 2017
The DOL fiduciary rule is quickly approaching the first compliance date, effective April 10th, with full implementation starting January 1, 2018. Is your business on...
Jan 31, 2017
For many, the New Year means new technology being implemented at the practice. One of the biggest challenges facing advisory firms today is getting the...