- Have you ever told a client that you didn't get his message when in fact you knew he called you days ago? You may have told yourself it was just a little white lie--"and I'm talking to him now, so what's the harm?"
- Have you ever become aware of a compliance violation committed by an associate that could hurt your firm, but you chose not to refer it to authorities? I would add: Would you act quickly to remedy the situation, even if it was difficult or uncomfortable to do so?
- Have you ever taken credit for bringing in a new client, even though a younger associate created the opportunity? Your rationalization might have been "Well, they have years to make a name for themselves..."
- Have you ever accepted a new client who chose you on the basis of a strong referral, but you knew you did not have the depth of experience to serve them properly? Were you able to offer top-notch service? Or did you have twinges of guilt and maybe think about calling in a consultant to make up for your lack of expertise?
- Have you ever had a client tell you he refuses to work with someone in your business because the person is a woman (or a man, or African-American, or Hispanic, or too old, or too young) and you made the change so as not to lose the business? How do you feel about that?
We have ours firmly in place, and we stand ready to assist you with your independent journey and succession plan.
Learn how access to financing affects advisors' plans for business succession. Download the white paper now!
Stop Looking Back: A Forward-Looking Approach to International Equity Risk Allocation
Apr 16, 2015
ThinkAdvisor and The Investment Center, Inc. speak about where advisors currently go wrong, how they can improve, and uncover real examples and suggestions others have...
Apr 02, 2015
Learn more about Cambridge's insight on how independent business owners can create long-term plans for the future.
Mar 25, 2015
Join Think Advisor for this live, interactive webcast and hear from industry experts as they discuss how advisors can protect their client during volatile times....