- Have you ever told a client that you didn't get his message when in fact you knew he called you days ago? You may have told yourself it was just a little white lie--"and I'm talking to him now, so what's the harm?"
- Have you ever become aware of a compliance violation committed by an associate that could hurt your firm, but you chose not to refer it to authorities? I would add: Would you act quickly to remedy the situation, even if it was difficult or uncomfortable to do so?
- Have you ever taken credit for bringing in a new client, even though a younger associate created the opportunity? Your rationalization might have been "Well, they have years to make a name for themselves..."
- Have you ever accepted a new client who chose you on the basis of a strong referral, but you knew you did not have the depth of experience to serve them properly? Were you able to offer top-notch service? Or did you have twinges of guilt and maybe think about calling in a consultant to make up for your lack of expertise?
- Have you ever had a client tell you he refuses to work with someone in your business because the person is a woman (or a man, or African-American, or Hispanic, or too old, or too young) and you made the change so as not to lose the business? How do you feel about that?
Your resource for news, research and analysis to help you deliver more effective outcomes to your clients.
ThinkAdvisor and the College for Financial Planning have partnered to bring you a series of helpful educational tools that you can use to take your career to the next level.
ThinkAdvisor's TechCenter is an educational resource designed to give you a competitive edge by keeping you abreast of new tech innovations and need-to-know information that can be applied to your business.
A survey of advisors nationwide reveals how the use of ETFs is expanding and what factors are likely to further support this trend.
Variable annuities are simplifying, bringing new opportunities to grow your business. Take a quick dive into recent product evolutions and how to identify the best...
Examine how increased allocations to global small-cap securities have the potential to enhance overall portfolio returns, increase portfolio efficiency, and decrease overall portfolio correlations.
Access research on what Millennials value and what motivates them financially.
Nov 02, 2017
Join this conversation as a panel of experts provides tips and best practices to optimize your tech resources for business growth.
Oct 25, 2017
Join this complimentary webcast to discover how to leave the impression that employee benefits is stodgy and sluggish in the past.
Sep 28, 2017
Women face unique retirement challenges. We can give you key considerations and strategies to help you optimize your female clients’ Social Security. In this webcast, you’ll...