- Have you ever told a client that you didn't get his message when in fact you knew he called you days ago? You may have told yourself it was just a little white lie--"and I'm talking to him now, so what's the harm?"
- Have you ever become aware of a compliance violation committed by an associate that could hurt your firm, but you chose not to refer it to authorities? I would add: Would you act quickly to remedy the situation, even if it was difficult or uncomfortable to do so?
- Have you ever taken credit for bringing in a new client, even though a younger associate created the opportunity? Your rationalization might have been "Well, they have years to make a name for themselves..."
- Have you ever accepted a new client who chose you on the basis of a strong referral, but you knew you did not have the depth of experience to serve them properly? Were you able to offer top-notch service? Or did you have twinges of guilt and maybe think about calling in a consultant to make up for your lack of expertise?
- Have you ever had a client tell you he refuses to work with someone in your business because the person is a woman (or a man, or African-American, or Hispanic, or too old, or too young) and you made the change so as not to lose the business? How do you feel about that?
ThinkAdvisor's TechCenter is an educational resource designed to give you a competitive edge by keeping you abreast of new tech innovations and need-to-know information that can be applied to your business.
ThinkAdvisor and the College for Financial Planning have partnered to bring you a series of helpful educational tools that you can use to take your career to the next level.
Your resource for news, research and analysis to help you deliver more effective outcomes to your clients.
One of the most popular investment strategies may be one of the least successful.
Now may be a good time for investors to revisit their fixed-Income strategy.
Find out how to cut through interest-rate noise.
Sep 13, 2017
Join this complimentary webcast to learn a new way to evaluate vision benefits so you have truly useful information that will help you find the...
Aug 30, 2017
Join this complimentary webcast to learn strategies and tips that will improve enrollment for your clients and their employees.
Aug 29, 2017
Join this complimentary webcast for an in-depth discussion on the business cycle and finding fruitful opportunities to invest in each phase.