- Have you ever told a client that you didn't get his message when in fact you knew he called you days ago? You may have told yourself it was just a little white lie--"and I'm talking to him now, so what's the harm?"
- Have you ever become aware of a compliance violation committed by an associate that could hurt your firm, but you chose not to refer it to authorities? I would add: Would you act quickly to remedy the situation, even if it was difficult or uncomfortable to do so?
- Have you ever taken credit for bringing in a new client, even though a younger associate created the opportunity? Your rationalization might have been "Well, they have years to make a name for themselves..."
- Have you ever accepted a new client who chose you on the basis of a strong referral, but you knew you did not have the depth of experience to serve them properly? Were you able to offer top-notch service? Or did you have twinges of guilt and maybe think about calling in a consultant to make up for your lack of expertise?
- Have you ever had a client tell you he refuses to work with someone in your business because the person is a woman (or a man, or African-American, or Hispanic, or too old, or too young) and you made the change so as not to lose the business? How do you feel about that?
A periodic review of your broker-dealer affiliation can ensure it’s still the best fit for you and your clients. MoneyBlock’s Broker-Dealer Evaluation Guide offers tips...
Changing custodians doesn’t have to be difficult. Discover what you can do to ensure a quick, painless transition.
We offer the latest tools and technology to ensure you have everything you need to pass the different exams on your first try. In...
Aug 21, 2014
During this interactive webinar, experts Dr. Brian Jacobsen and Dr. Rick Jensen will share case studies of five tough clients and cover approaches to working...
Jul 24, 2014
Join ThinkAdvisor for this all-day, live digital virtual conference focusing on the most pressing topics related to ETFs for investment advisors. Attend expert-led panel sessions...
Jul 16, 2014
Rising longevity, advances in health care and increasing affluence made current conceptions of retirement possible. Yet an economy that today provides less opportunity is chipping...