- Have you ever told a client that you didn't get his message when in fact you knew he called you days ago? You may have told yourself it was just a little white lie--"and I'm talking to him now, so what's the harm?"
- Have you ever become aware of a compliance violation committed by an associate that could hurt your firm, but you chose not to refer it to authorities? I would add: Would you act quickly to remedy the situation, even if it was difficult or uncomfortable to do so?
- Have you ever taken credit for bringing in a new client, even though a younger associate created the opportunity? Your rationalization might have been "Well, they have years to make a name for themselves..."
- Have you ever accepted a new client who chose you on the basis of a strong referral, but you knew you did not have the depth of experience to serve them properly? Were you able to offer top-notch service? Or did you have twinges of guilt and maybe think about calling in a consultant to make up for your lack of expertise?
- Have you ever had a client tell you he refuses to work with someone in your business because the person is a woman (or a man, or African-American, or Hispanic, or too old, or too young) and you made the change so as not to lose the business? How do you feel about that?
The top articles from the 2015 issues of IMCA’s Investments & Wealth Monitor demonstrate the range and depth of content IMCA has become well known...
We have millionaire prospects across the country joining our workshops. View our video to see why!
It’s time to determine whether a different kind of pricing makes more sense for you and your clients a model that pays you for the...
Dec 02, 2015
Due to the recent legislation changes to the rules and filing options for Social Security, determining a filing strategy for your clients is now even...
Nov 17, 2015
Join MetLife in an informative seminar that will help you grow your business and provide a differentiating client experience.
Nov 10, 2015
Consumer behavior has shifted challenging advisors to change how they run their business by adopting new technology that allow them to focus on increasing client...