- Have you ever told a client that you didn't get his message when in fact you knew he called you days ago? You may have told yourself it was just a little white lie--"and I'm talking to him now, so what's the harm?"
- Have you ever become aware of a compliance violation committed by an associate that could hurt your firm, but you chose not to refer it to authorities? I would add: Would you act quickly to remedy the situation, even if it was difficult or uncomfortable to do so?
- Have you ever taken credit for bringing in a new client, even though a younger associate created the opportunity? Your rationalization might have been "Well, they have years to make a name for themselves..."
- Have you ever accepted a new client who chose you on the basis of a strong referral, but you knew you did not have the depth of experience to serve them properly? Were you able to offer top-notch service? Or did you have twinges of guilt and maybe think about calling in a consultant to make up for your lack of expertise?
- Have you ever had a client tell you he refuses to work with someone in your business because the person is a woman (or a man, or African-American, or Hispanic, or too old, or too young) and you made the change so as not to lose the business? How do you feel about that?
LPL's white paper, Success Without Limits, will help you understand the various options and considerations for choosing the right partner.
Look behind the curtain and see how our fixed-income experts determine which municipals offer the greatest potential. With this proven approach to effective muni selection,...
Our research shows that two screens have helped achieve better outcomes - low expenses and high manager ownership. Funds sharing these two characteristics have tended...
Jul 09, 2015
In this session we’ll discuss whether or not factor investing is truly active management, and how to define and test whether a factor exists.
Jun 30, 2015
Join ThinkAdvisor & Well Fargo in this webcast to learn a dynamic four criteria approach and how to gain portfolio flexibility.
Jun 09, 2015
Join ThinkAdvisor for this live, interactive webcast and hear from the winners of the 2015 SMA Mangers of the Year on impact investing strategies and...