- Have you ever told a client that you didn't get his message when in fact you knew he called you days ago? You may have told yourself it was just a little white lie--"and I'm talking to him now, so what's the harm?"
- Have you ever become aware of a compliance violation committed by an associate that could hurt your firm, but you chose not to refer it to authorities? I would add: Would you act quickly to remedy the situation, even if it was difficult or uncomfortable to do so?
- Have you ever taken credit for bringing in a new client, even though a younger associate created the opportunity? Your rationalization might have been "Well, they have years to make a name for themselves..."
- Have you ever accepted a new client who chose you on the basis of a strong referral, but you knew you did not have the depth of experience to serve them properly? Were you able to offer top-notch service? Or did you have twinges of guilt and maybe think about calling in a consultant to make up for your lack of expertise?
- Have you ever had a client tell you he refuses to work with someone in your business because the person is a woman (or a man, or African-American, or Hispanic, or too old, or too young) and you made the change so as not to lose the business? How do you feel about that?
ThinkAdvisor's TechCenter is an educational resource designed to give you a competitive edge by keeping you abreast of new tech innovations and need-to-know information that can be applied to your business.
Every financial advisor has heard-since they got into the business-that the best and fastest way to grow your practice is through referrals. See what sets...
Learn how refocusing your business model help recharge your business’s value.
Focus working with mature clients including what are the characteristics of a sound goals-based investing method, how big is longevity risk, and a reevaluation of...
Oct 26, 2016
This complimentary webcast will cover charitable donations and planning, including some key year‐end tax considerations. We will provide an overview of the benefits of charitable...
Oct 20, 2016
Learn what critical roles document management serves for wealth management firms and their practical operational advice for running a viable business.
Oct 05, 2016
Some broker-dealers have already decided to exit certain lines of business and are sizing up how the rule will impact their IT and compliance budgets....