- Carry cash--without a credit card, there's no temptation to buy beyond your means.
- Know where your money is going--keep track of purchases by making lists of everything from food to utilities to subscriptions.
- Leverage "freebies" and discounts--take advantage, for example, of your employer discounts for gym memberships and transit discounts (for trains, buses, and parking).
- Pay yourself first--make sure you "save" for that big-ticket item (including retirement) before spending on a new pair of shoes or the latest gadget.
- Time is your best friend--while living at home, organize your finances as though you were out on your own. Set aside what you would pay for rent and food, and pocket the savings. By accumulating assets, you can get out on your own sooner and/or afford more luxuries later.
- Make coffee at home--invest in a coffee maker and save money by not spending $4 a day for a super latte at the fancy coffee bar.
- Have a fun night "in"--make cooking dinner fun by having friends over; each person is responsible for making or bringing a different course (e.g., salad, sides, dessert).
- Know your limits--is it cheaper to have unlimited cell phone minutes? If you cannot stay within a certain limit, then paying for unlimited minutes makes sense, but if, in the last six months, you averaged, for example, 3,000 minutes, then maybe you should get a more cost-effective plan.
- Stop gas guzzling--with runaway gas prices, consider mass transit or carpooling with coworkers from your neighborhood.
The top articles from the 2015 issues of IMCA’s Investments & Wealth Monitor demonstrate the range and depth of content IMCA has become well known...
We have millionaire prospects across the country joining our workshops. View our video to see why!
It’s time to determine whether a different kind of pricing makes more sense for you and your clients a model that pays you for the...
Dec 02, 2015
Due to the recent legislation changes to the rules and filing options for Social Security, determining a filing strategy for your clients is now even...
Nov 17, 2015
Join MetLife in an informative seminar that will help you grow your business and provide a differentiating client experience.
Nov 10, 2015
Consumer behavior has shifted challenging advisors to change how they run their business by adopting new technology that allow them to focus on increasing client...