- Carry cash--without a credit card, there's no temptation to buy beyond your means.
- Know where your money is going--keep track of purchases by making lists of everything from food to utilities to subscriptions.
- Leverage "freebies" and discounts--take advantage, for example, of your employer discounts for gym memberships and transit discounts (for trains, buses, and parking).
- Pay yourself first--make sure you "save" for that big-ticket item (including retirement) before spending on a new pair of shoes or the latest gadget.
- Time is your best friend--while living at home, organize your finances as though you were out on your own. Set aside what you would pay for rent and food, and pocket the savings. By accumulating assets, you can get out on your own sooner and/or afford more luxuries later.
- Make coffee at home--invest in a coffee maker and save money by not spending $4 a day for a super latte at the fancy coffee bar.
- Have a fun night "in"--make cooking dinner fun by having friends over; each person is responsible for making or bringing a different course (e.g., salad, sides, dessert).
- Know your limits--is it cheaper to have unlimited cell phone minutes? If you cannot stay within a certain limit, then paying for unlimited minutes makes sense, but if, in the last six months, you averaged, for example, 3,000 minutes, then maybe you should get a more cost-effective plan.
- Stop gas guzzling--with runaway gas prices, consider mass transit or carpooling with coworkers from your neighborhood.
ThinkAdvisor's TechCenter is an educational resource designed to give you a competitive edge by keeping you abreast of new tech innovations and need-to-know information that can be applied to your business.
STP can be described as electronically capturing and processing transactions in one pass, from the point of first 'deal' to final settlement.
This complimentary report discusses those powerful benefits in detail along with a wide range of planning applications.
By creating an informed, well-thought-out business plan, you can navigate today’s challenges and set a course toward growth.
Mar 21, 2017
Americans are living longer and healthier lives, and these added years can create new challenges for retirement income planning.
Feb 07, 2017
The DOL fiduciary rule is quickly approaching the first compliance date, effective April 10th, with full implementation starting January 1, 2018. Is your business on...
Jan 31, 2017
For many, the New Year means new technology being implemented at the practice. One of the biggest challenges facing advisory firms today is getting the...