- Carry cash--without a credit card, there's no temptation to buy beyond your means.
- Know where your money is going--keep track of purchases by making lists of everything from food to utilities to subscriptions.
- Leverage "freebies" and discounts--take advantage, for example, of your employer discounts for gym memberships and transit discounts (for trains, buses, and parking).
- Pay yourself first--make sure you "save" for that big-ticket item (including retirement) before spending on a new pair of shoes or the latest gadget.
- Time is your best friend--while living at home, organize your finances as though you were out on your own. Set aside what you would pay for rent and food, and pocket the savings. By accumulating assets, you can get out on your own sooner and/or afford more luxuries later.
- Make coffee at home--invest in a coffee maker and save money by not spending $4 a day for a super latte at the fancy coffee bar.
- Have a fun night "in"--make cooking dinner fun by having friends over; each person is responsible for making or bringing a different course (e.g., salad, sides, dessert).
- Know your limits--is it cheaper to have unlimited cell phone minutes? If you cannot stay within a certain limit, then paying for unlimited minutes makes sense, but if, in the last six months, you averaged, for example, 3,000 minutes, then maybe you should get a more cost-effective plan.
- Stop gas guzzling--with runaway gas prices, consider mass transit or carpooling with coworkers from your neighborhood.
Despite brighter equity prospects outside the U.S, your clients may be underinvested in international and emerging markets equities. Help them take full advantage of non-U.S....
Explore ways in which you can manage client expectations - while still delivering the best possible experience - with the help of an advisor team.
Download this complimentary White Paper to learn the 6 key considerations that will transform your business.
Oct 22, 2015
learn how top performers are leveraging smart technology, such as Workflow and digital information capturing tools, to stay competitive and efficient.
Oct 14, 2015
Hear from industry experts regarding what actions advisors should be taking now to prepare their clients for the next 12 months.
Sep 17, 2015
Join this exclusive webcast with Matthews Asia Chief Investment Officer, Robert Horrocks, PhD, who will share his insights.