- Carry cash--without a credit card, there's no temptation to buy beyond your means.
- Know where your money is going--keep track of purchases by making lists of everything from food to utilities to subscriptions.
- Leverage "freebies" and discounts--take advantage, for example, of your employer discounts for gym memberships and transit discounts (for trains, buses, and parking).
- Pay yourself first--make sure you "save" for that big-ticket item (including retirement) before spending on a new pair of shoes or the latest gadget.
- Time is your best friend--while living at home, organize your finances as though you were out on your own. Set aside what you would pay for rent and food, and pocket the savings. By accumulating assets, you can get out on your own sooner and/or afford more luxuries later.
- Make coffee at home--invest in a coffee maker and save money by not spending $4 a day for a super latte at the fancy coffee bar.
- Have a fun night "in"--make cooking dinner fun by having friends over; each person is responsible for making or bringing a different course (e.g., salad, sides, dessert).
- Know your limits--is it cheaper to have unlimited cell phone minutes? If you cannot stay within a certain limit, then paying for unlimited minutes makes sense, but if, in the last six months, you averaged, for example, 3,000 minutes, then maybe you should get a more cost-effective plan.
- Stop gas guzzling--with runaway gas prices, consider mass transit or carpooling with coworkers from your neighborhood.
ThinkAdvisor and the College for Financial Planning have partnered to bring you a series of helpful educational tools that you can use to take your career to the next level.
ThinkAdvisor's TechCenter is an educational resource designed to give you a competitive edge by keeping you abreast of new tech innovations and need-to-know information that can be applied to your business.
Millennials are the future of your practice; both as clients and employees. Understand how they think to capture them as clients, attract them as employees...
Hundreds of plan advisors are successfully gaining the attention of CFOs and securing appointments. Learn how with this short video.
Discover how charitable donations of complex assets such as real estate or privately held stock can help them give more to charity, save cash and...
Jun 20, 2017
Join this complimentary webcast to discover how the top three SMA Mangers of the Year beat their peers by consistently delivering alpha.
May 24, 2017
Join this complimentary webcast to listen in on a roundtable discussion on the current state of the industry, as well as receive tips and strategies...
May 11, 2017
Mega trends continue to impact the wealth management industry. Trends such as new digital competition, increasing compliance standards, fee pressures, and an aging advisor population....