- Look for funds with a low correlation relative to a characteristic (i.e., small-cap value) index. Style-consistent managers move about the characteristic grid and generate low index correlations.
- Invest in multi-cap or all-cap funds, which are freer to move along the capitalization dimension, although they may still be restricted along the P/E, P/S, or P/B dimension.
- Seek managers who state they are free to invest in any U.S. stock, an approach sometimes referred to as "free range" investing. Gather as much information as possible to determine if the manager is consistently following a true style.
- Invest in several style-consistent managers who are pursuing complementary styles.
- Manage risk and tilts at the portfolio level and not at the manager level.
A survey of advisors nationwide reveals how the use of ETFs is expanding and what factors are likely to further support this trend.
ThinkAdvisor's TechCenter is an educational resource designed to give you a competitive edge by keeping you abreast of new tech innovations and need-to-know information that can be applied to your business.
Your resource for news, research and analysis to help you deliver more effective outcomes to your clients.
ThinkAdvisor and the College for Financial Planning have partnered to bring you a series of helpful educational tools that you can use to take your career to the next level.
Variable annuities are simplifying, bringing new opportunities to grow your business. Take a quick dive into recent product evolutions and how to identify the best...
Get to know each Millennial’s unique mindset
Access research on what Millennials value and what motivates them financially.
Nov 02, 2017
Join this conversation as a panel of experts provides tips and best practices to optimize your tech resources for business growth.
Oct 25, 2017
Join this complimentary webcast to discover how to leave the impression that employee benefits is stodgy and sluggish in the past.
Sep 28, 2017
Women face unique retirement challenges. We can give you key considerations and strategies to help you optimize your female clients’ Social Security. In this webcast, you’ll...