- Look for funds with a low correlation relative to a characteristic (i.e., small-cap value) index. Style-consistent managers move about the characteristic grid and generate low index correlations.
- Invest in multi-cap or all-cap funds, which are freer to move along the capitalization dimension, although they may still be restricted along the P/E, P/S, or P/B dimension.
- Seek managers who state they are free to invest in any U.S. stock, an approach sometimes referred to as "free range" investing. Gather as much information as possible to determine if the manager is consistently following a true style.
- Invest in several style-consistent managers who are pursuing complementary styles.
- Manage risk and tilts at the portfolio level and not at the manager level.
ThinkAdvisor's TechCenter is an educational resource designed to give you a competitive edge by keeping you abreast of new tech innovations and need-to-know information that can be applied to your business.
Are you prepared to address the regulatory obligations? Learn how to gain that extra level of security.
Download our latest white paper and tax planning guide. We talk about the building blocks of a comprehensive tax management strategy and the future of...
Read our outlook to help find opportunities amid uncertainty in 2017. Our market strategists offer views on the economy and the stock and bond markets....
Jan 31, 2017
For many, the New Year means new technology being implemented at the practice. One of the biggest challenges facing advisory firms today is getting the...
Dec 13, 2016
Join this complimentary webcast that will provide a deeper appreciation for these client segments and their needs, and show how advisors can offer protection and...
Dec 08, 2016
Join this complimentary webcast to hear best practices and next steps for operating effectively in the face of fiduciary regulations.