- Look for funds with a low correlation relative to a characteristic (i.e., small-cap value) index. Style-consistent managers move about the characteristic grid and generate low index correlations.
- Invest in multi-cap or all-cap funds, which are freer to move along the capitalization dimension, although they may still be restricted along the P/E, P/S, or P/B dimension.
- Seek managers who state they are free to invest in any U.S. stock, an approach sometimes referred to as "free range" investing. Gather as much information as possible to determine if the manager is consistently following a true style.
- Invest in several style-consistent managers who are pursuing complementary styles.
- Manage risk and tilts at the portfolio level and not at the manager level.
ThinkAdvisor and the College for Financial Planning have partnered to bring you a series of helpful educational tools that you can use to take your career to the next level.
ThinkAdvisor's TechCenter is an educational resource designed to give you a competitive edge by keeping you abreast of new tech innovations and need-to-know information that can be applied to your business.
Millennials are the future of your practice; both as clients and employees. Understand how they think to capture them as clients, attract them as employees...
Hundreds of plan advisors are successfully gaining the attention of CFOs and securing appointments. Learn how with this short video.
Discover how charitable donations of complex assets such as real estate or privately held stock can help them give more to charity, save cash and...
Jun 29, 2017
Join this complimentary webcast to dive into the imperative demand benefits professionals, employers, and HR representatives must meet when it comes to customizing benefits packages,...
Jun 28, 2017
Clients want to discuss health care costs in retirement. We can help break down options and costs so your clients can better prepare.
Jun 20, 2017
Join this complimentary webcast to discover how the top three SMA Mangers of the Year beat their peers by consistently delivering alpha.