- Look for funds with a low correlation relative to a characteristic (i.e., small-cap value) index. Style-consistent managers move about the characteristic grid and generate low index correlations.
- Invest in multi-cap or all-cap funds, which are freer to move along the capitalization dimension, although they may still be restricted along the P/E, P/S, or P/B dimension.
- Seek managers who state they are free to invest in any U.S. stock, an approach sometimes referred to as "free range" investing. Gather as much information as possible to determine if the manager is consistently following a true style.
- Invest in several style-consistent managers who are pursuing complementary styles.
- Manage risk and tilts at the portfolio level and not at the manager level.
ThinkAdvisor's TechCenter is an educational resource designed to give you a competitive edge by keeping you abreast of new tech innovations and need-to-know information that can be applied to your business.
Your resource for news, research and analysis to help you deliver more effective outcomes to your clients.
ThinkAdvisor and the College for Financial Planning have partnered to bring you a series of helpful educational tools that you can use to take your career to the next level.
Losing clients can be discouraging at best, butÂ?it happens. Based on a study of 1,400 Advisors, here are the top five documented reasons financial professionals...
Find out how to cut through interest-rate noise.
One of the most popular investment strategies may be one of the least successful.
Sep 13, 2017
Join this complimentary webcast to learn a new way to evaluate vision benefits so you have truly useful information that will help you find the...
Aug 30, 2017
Join this complimentary webcast to learn strategies and tips that will improve enrollment for your clients and their employees.
Aug 29, 2017
Join this complimentary webcast for an in-depth discussion on the business cycle and finding fruitful opportunities to invest in each phase.