- Look for funds with a low correlation relative to a characteristic (i.e., small-cap value) index. Style-consistent managers move about the characteristic grid and generate low index correlations.
- Invest in multi-cap or all-cap funds, which are freer to move along the capitalization dimension, although they may still be restricted along the P/E, P/S, or P/B dimension.
- Seek managers who state they are free to invest in any U.S. stock, an approach sometimes referred to as "free range" investing. Gather as much information as possible to determine if the manager is consistently following a true style.
- Invest in several style-consistent managers who are pursuing complementary styles.
- Manage risk and tilts at the portfolio level and not at the manager level.
ThinkAdvisor's TechCenter is an educational resource designed to give you a competitive edge by keeping you abreast of new tech innovations and need-to-know information that can be applied to your business.
Consider the benefits of converting to a fee-based model, along with comparing it to a commission structure.
We've developed strategic and tactical workflows to help you get easy, flexible workflows to help you through most scenarios.
This guide is designed to provide an overview of the benefits of incorporating charitable giving into your financial planning including common techniques to maximize philanthropic,...
Dec 13, 2016
Join this complimentary webcast that will provide a deeper appreciation for these client segments and their needs, and show how advisors can offer protection and...
Dec 08, 2016
Join this complimentary webcast to hear best practices and next steps for operating effectively in the face of fiduciary regulations.
Nov 30, 2016
Join this complimentary webcast that will provide cybersecurity tips for compliantly protecting firm & client data.