- Look for funds with a low correlation relative to a characteristic (i.e., small-cap value) index. Style-consistent managers move about the characteristic grid and generate low index correlations.
- Invest in multi-cap or all-cap funds, which are freer to move along the capitalization dimension, although they may still be restricted along the P/E, P/S, or P/B dimension.
- Seek managers who state they are free to invest in any U.S. stock, an approach sometimes referred to as "free range" investing. Gather as much information as possible to determine if the manager is consistently following a true style.
- Invest in several style-consistent managers who are pursuing complementary styles.
- Manage risk and tilts at the portfolio level and not at the manager level.
ThinkAdvisor's TechCenter is an educational resource designed to give you a competitive edge by keeping you abreast of new tech innovations and need-to-know information that can be applied to your business.
ThinkAdvisor and the College for Financial Planning have partnered to bring you a series of helpful educational tools that you can use to take your career to the next level.
In this White Paper, we share five steps to help you build a risk management program that enables the benefits of text messaging while protecting...
Can refocusing your business model help recharge your business’s value?
Learn how to build a better business and create loyal clients and advocates from the start.
May 11, 2017
Mega trends continue to impact the wealth management industry. Trends such as new digital competition, increasing compliance standards, fee pressures, and an aging advisor population....
May 03, 2017
Join this complimentary webcast to understand how to better connect with consumers so you can develop high-value packages that work for both sponsors and beneficiaries...
Apr 12, 2017
Energize your firm’s productivity with technology by joining the experts at Envestnet as they share how to increase profitability and gain a competitive edge with...