- Go for a limited-pay policy. The initial cost is higher, but the price is locked in. Once it's paid, it's paid.
- Consider a combination policy of variable life, cash value, and LTC. Once the lump sum has been contributed, that's it.
- Consider the return-of-premium rider. It, too, is expensive, but it can protect the estate for heirs if the policy is not used.
- Use it as part of a prenuptial agreement. This will protect both spouses and any children and heirs involved.
- Pay for it with a reverse mortgage. Depending on your clients' situation, this may be the way to go.
- Suggest that business-owning clients have their C corporation purchase the policies for them.
- Suggest that clients' children pay for the policy, or share the expense with their parents. Coverage will protect both of them.
- Suggest that clients look for an employer willing to provide LTC insurance as an employee benefit. This can offer coverage not only to them, but to their immediate family members, and will save employers the expense of workers' time lost to caretaking.
- Suggest LTC insurance for clients who have assets tied up in real property, such as real estate. If they self-insure, they may have to sell assets to finance their care; a policy will preclude that.
- Last but not least, consider getting politically involved to push through the passage of the Ronald Reagan Act or similar legislation. The Reagan Act includes a provision to make premiums for long-term care insurance an above-the-line tax deduction--something that will benefit purchasers and encourage them to more actively plan for their own senior years.
ThinkAdvisor's TechCenter is an educational resource designed to give you a competitive edge by keeping you abreast of new tech innovations and need-to-know information that can be applied to your business.
ThinkAdvisor and the College for Financial Planning have partnered to bring you a series of helpful educational tools that you can use to take your career to the next level.
In this White Paper, we share five steps to help you build a risk management program that enables the benefits of text messaging while protecting...
Can refocusing your business model help recharge your business’s value?
Learn how to build a better business and create loyal clients and advocates from the start.
May 11, 2017
Mega trends continue to impact the wealth management industry. Trends such as new digital competition, increasing compliance standards, fee pressures, and an aging advisor population....
May 03, 2017
Join this complimentary webcast to understand how to better connect with consumers so you can develop high-value packages that work for both sponsors and beneficiaries...
Apr 12, 2017
Energize your firm’s productivity with technology by joining the experts at Envestnet as they share how to increase profitability and gain a competitive edge with...