- Go for a limited-pay policy. The initial cost is higher, but the price is locked in. Once it's paid, it's paid.
- Consider a combination policy of variable life, cash value, and LTC. Once the lump sum has been contributed, that's it.
- Consider the return-of-premium rider. It, too, is expensive, but it can protect the estate for heirs if the policy is not used.
- Use it as part of a prenuptial agreement. This will protect both spouses and any children and heirs involved.
- Pay for it with a reverse mortgage. Depending on your clients' situation, this may be the way to go.
- Suggest that business-owning clients have their C corporation purchase the policies for them.
- Suggest that clients' children pay for the policy, or share the expense with their parents. Coverage will protect both of them.
- Suggest that clients look for an employer willing to provide LTC insurance as an employee benefit. This can offer coverage not only to them, but to their immediate family members, and will save employers the expense of workers' time lost to caretaking.
- Suggest LTC insurance for clients who have assets tied up in real property, such as real estate. If they self-insure, they may have to sell assets to finance their care; a policy will preclude that.
- Last but not least, consider getting politically involved to push through the passage of the Ronald Reagan Act or similar legislation. The Reagan Act includes a provision to make premiums for long-term care insurance an above-the-line tax deduction--something that will benefit purchasers and encourage them to more actively plan for their own senior years.
A survey of advisors nationwide reveals how the use of ETFs is expanding and what factors are likely to further support this trend.
ThinkAdvisor's TechCenter is an educational resource designed to give you a competitive edge by keeping you abreast of new tech innovations and need-to-know information that can be applied to your business.
ThinkAdvisor and the College for Financial Planning have partnered to bring you a series of helpful educational tools that you can use to take your career to the next level.
Your resource for news, research and analysis to help you deliver more effective outcomes to your clients.
Financial firms are failing to manage text messaging risk in the workplace. This guide explores how firms are exposed, the challenges of compliance and steps...
Investors need to invest differently in bull markets than they do in bear markets. Learn the importance of risk management during both and the best...
New advisor survey results spotlight disconnects.
Dec 12, 2017
Join this webcast to see how Trisha Qualy, Director of Wealth Management at AdvisorNet Financial, took client assets from $100 million to $1.3 billion in...
Nov 15, 2017
Join this complimentary webcast to learn innovative strategies that have proven effective in containing rising health costs.
Nov 02, 2017
Join this conversation as a panel of experts provides tips and best practices to optimize your tech resources for business growth.