- Go for a limited-pay policy. The initial cost is higher, but the price is locked in. Once it's paid, it's paid.
- Consider a combination policy of variable life, cash value, and LTC. Once the lump sum has been contributed, that's it.
- Consider the return-of-premium rider. It, too, is expensive, but it can protect the estate for heirs if the policy is not used.
- Use it as part of a prenuptial agreement. This will protect both spouses and any children and heirs involved.
- Pay for it with a reverse mortgage. Depending on your clients' situation, this may be the way to go.
- Suggest that business-owning clients have their C corporation purchase the policies for them.
- Suggest that clients' children pay for the policy, or share the expense with their parents. Coverage will protect both of them.
- Suggest that clients look for an employer willing to provide LTC insurance as an employee benefit. This can offer coverage not only to them, but to their immediate family members, and will save employers the expense of workers' time lost to caretaking.
- Suggest LTC insurance for clients who have assets tied up in real property, such as real estate. If they self-insure, they may have to sell assets to finance their care; a policy will preclude that.
- Last but not least, consider getting politically involved to push through the passage of the Ronald Reagan Act or similar legislation. The Reagan Act includes a provision to make premiums for long-term care insurance an above-the-line tax deduction--something that will benefit purchasers and encourage them to more actively plan for their own senior years.
ThinkAdvisor and the College for Financial Planning have partnered to bring you a series of helpful educational tools that you can use to take your career to the next level.
ThinkAdvisor's TechCenter is an educational resource designed to give you a competitive edge by keeping you abreast of new tech innovations and need-to-know information that can be applied to your business.
Millennials are the future of your practice; both as clients and employees. Understand how they think to capture them as clients, attract them as employees...
Hundreds of plan advisors are successfully gaining the attention of CFOs and securing appointments. Learn how with this short video.
Discover how charitable donations of complex assets such as real estate or privately held stock can help them give more to charity, save cash and...
Jun 29, 2017
Join this complimentary webcast to dive into the imperative demand benefits professionals, employers, and HR representatives must meet when it comes to customizing benefits packages,...
Jun 28, 2017
Clients want to discuss health care costs in retirement. We can help break down options and costs so your clients can better prepare.
Jun 20, 2017
Join this complimentary webcast to discover how the top three SMA Mangers of the Year beat their peers by consistently delivering alpha.