- Journals, ledgers, account statements (including bank and trust statements), appraisals, etc., that support all assets and investments
- Analysis and reports from investment managers and consultants as well as performance measurement data
- Certificates, documents, statement of additional information (if a mutual fund), confirmations, and any and all necessary items depicting evidence of ownership of assets and investments
- Annual copies of Form ADV for each money manager, along with certification by the manager that appropriate registrations under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and the State Securities Board are maintained. In addition, the manager should certify that there is no material litigation pending against the manager that involves allegations of a breach of fiduciary duty or securities law violations
- For qualified plans, proof of satisfaction of the ERISA bonding requirements for all fiduciaries (including money managers and trustees) dealing with plan assets
- A detailed report of investment transaction turnover, costs, fees, and expenses
A survey of advisors nationwide reveals how the use of ETFs is expanding and what factors are likely to further support this trend.
Your resource for news, research and analysis to help you deliver more effective outcomes to your clients.
ThinkAdvisor's TechCenter is an educational resource designed to give you a competitive edge by keeping you abreast of new tech innovations and need-to-know information that can be applied to your business.
ThinkAdvisor and the College for Financial Planning have partnered to bring you a series of helpful educational tools that you can use to take your career to the next level.
Variable annuities are simplifying, bringing new opportunities to grow your business. Take a quick dive into recent product evolutions and how to identify the best...
Examine how increased allocations to global small-cap securities have the potential to enhance overall portfolio returns, increase portfolio efficiency, and decrease overall portfolio correlations.
Access research on what Millennials value and what motivates them financially.
Nov 02, 2017
Join this conversation as a panel of experts provides tips and best practices to optimize your tech resources for business growth.
Oct 25, 2017
Join this complimentary webcast to discover how to leave the impression that employee benefits is stodgy and sluggish in the past.
Sep 28, 2017
Women face unique retirement challenges. We can give you key considerations and strategies to help you optimize your female clients’ Social Security. In this webcast, you’ll...