- Journals, ledgers, account statements (including bank and trust statements), appraisals, etc., that support all assets and investments
- Analysis and reports from investment managers and consultants as well as performance measurement data
- Certificates, documents, statement of additional information (if a mutual fund), confirmations, and any and all necessary items depicting evidence of ownership of assets and investments
- Annual copies of Form ADV for each money manager, along with certification by the manager that appropriate registrations under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and the State Securities Board are maintained. In addition, the manager should certify that there is no material litigation pending against the manager that involves allegations of a breach of fiduciary duty or securities law violations
- For qualified plans, proof of satisfaction of the ERISA bonding requirements for all fiduciaries (including money managers and trustees) dealing with plan assets
- A detailed report of investment transaction turnover, costs, fees, and expenses
ThinkAdvisor and the College for Financial Planning have partnered to bring you a series of helpful educational tools that you can use to take your career to the next level.
ThinkAdvisor's TechCenter is an educational resource designed to give you a competitive edge by keeping you abreast of new tech innovations and need-to-know information that can be applied to your business.
It's not when you retire. It's how you retire.
In this White Paper, we share five steps to help you build a risk management program that enables the benefits of text messaging while protecting...
Many are uncertain about fiduciary regulations, but one thing is clear. Your clients expect you to act in their best interest when it comes to...
Apr 12, 2017
Energize your firm’s productivity with technology by joining the experts at Envestnet as they share how to increase profitability and gain a competitive edge with...
Mar 21, 2017
Americans are living longer and healthier lives, and these added years can create new challenges for retirement income planning.
Feb 07, 2017
The DOL fiduciary rule is quickly approaching the first compliance date, effective April 10th, with full implementation starting January 1, 2018. Is your business on...