- Journals, ledgers, account statements (including bank and trust statements), appraisals, etc., that support all assets and investments
- Analysis and reports from investment managers and consultants as well as performance measurement data
- Certificates, documents, statement of additional information (if a mutual fund), confirmations, and any and all necessary items depicting evidence of ownership of assets and investments
- Annual copies of Form ADV for each money manager, along with certification by the manager that appropriate registrations under the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and the State Securities Board are maintained. In addition, the manager should certify that there is no material litigation pending against the manager that involves allegations of a breach of fiduciary duty or securities law violations
- For qualified plans, proof of satisfaction of the ERISA bonding requirements for all fiduciaries (including money managers and trustees) dealing with plan assets
- A detailed report of investment transaction turnover, costs, fees, and expenses
ThinkAdvisor's TechCenter is an educational resource designed to give you a competitive edge by keeping you abreast of new tech innovations and need-to-know information that can be applied to your business.
Every financial advisor has heard-since they got into the business-that the best and fastest way to grow your practice is through referrals. See what sets...
Learn how refocusing your business model help recharge your business’s value.
Focus working with mature clients including what are the characteristics of a sound goals-based investing method, how big is longevity risk, and a reevaluation of...
Oct 26, 2016
This complimentary webcast will cover charitable donations and planning, including some key year‐end tax considerations. We will provide an overview of the benefits of charitable...
Oct 20, 2016
Learn what critical roles document management serves for wealth management firms and their practical operational advice for running a viable business.
Oct 05, 2016
Some broker-dealers have already decided to exit certain lines of business and are sizing up how the rule will impact their IT and compliance budgets....